Primer 3296 is a water dispersion primer based on acrylic polymers, composed of very fine particles, which gives it its high penetration characteristics, even on surfaces with low porosity. Primer 3296 consolidates surfaces and eliminates dust on substrates, giving them good mechanical strength.
- If used as a primer for self-leveling smoothing products, it reduces pore formation, prevents the product from drying too quickly, helps it level and improves its adhesion properties to the substrate.
- Primer 3296 is an odorless, non-irritating product in aqueous dispersion, suitable for application in areas where people are present or in the vicinity of dwellings.
- Substrates consolidated with Primer 3296 are not damaged by climatic attack (rain, humidity, sunlight, etc.) and the consolidation effect makes them even more durable
- Do not use Primer 3296 on non-absorbent surfaces.
- Do not use Primer 3296 on damp surfaces or surfaces subject to rising damp.
- Avoid the formation of a surface film. The product must be completely absorbed by the substrate
- If wood flooring is laid after treatment with Primer 3296, use only vinyl adhesives (such as Adesilex LC / R). This product is not compatible with polyurethane adhesives
- If a large quantity is applied, check the humidity of the substrate with a carbide hygrometer before continuing with successive bonding or smoothing phases.
- Do not apply over anhydrite-based substrates
Primer 3296 is for consolidating and improving the characteristics of weak, crumbly or dusty surfaces. It is also suitable for exterior use to consolidate the surface of concrete slabs, screeds, renders, brick, sandstone, tuff, cement and lime-based decorative mortar.
Some examples of applications
Primer 3296 is suitable for use on exterior surfaces.
- Preparation of screeds with a powdered surface prior to laying wood flooring with vinyl adhesives.
- Dustproof primer for cementitious surfaces
- Cementitious leveling and smoothing primer
- Impregnation of cement-based grouts with a powdered surface to reduce porosity and absorbency (for interior use)
- Consolidation of surfaces for cementitious renders, tuff and sandstone
- Impregnation of existing interior brick walls and ceilings, etc. to remove dust
- Consumption depends on the absorbency and porosity of the surface to be treated. Generally, it varies between 50 and 250 g / m2.
- 5 kg carafe