Mapelastic AquaDefense is a single-component, ready-to-use, light blue colored, totally solvent-free paste, based on synthetic resins in aqueous dispersion, very fast drying. Mapelastic AquaDefense can be easily applied by long nap roller, brush or trowel on horizontal, inclined and vertical surfaces. After rapid drying, Mapelastic AquaDefense becomes an elastic, non-sticky coating, resistant to light foot traffic after only 3 hours, which provides an excellent gripping surface for adhesives for tile, stone and mosaic tile of all types. The elasticity of Mapelastic AquaDefense allows it to withstand the normal movements of expansion and contraction of the substrate due to thermal changes and vibrations.
- It does not require the use of a drill or mixer because it is presented ready to use;
- It is resistant to rainwater after 1 hour from the application of the first coat and 3 hours from the application of the second coat;
- It is resistant to rainwater after 1 hour from the application of the first coat and 3 hours from the application of the second coat.
- It allows the laying of ceramic tiles after only 4 hours (the times refer to a temperature of +23° C and a relative humidity of 50%, with the product applied on dry screeds, with residual humidity of less than 3%)
A IMPORTANT VIEWS
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense at temperatures below +5° C.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense should always be coated with a ceramic tile, mosaic or stone coating.
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense on cementitious substrates with residual moisture greater than 3% or subject to continuous moisture rising
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense on friable cement substrates, on pre-existing screeds poorly adhered to the substrate or with surface treatments that hinder adhesion.
- Do not use Mapelastic AquaDefense to cover cracks.
- Protect from rain for at least 1 hour from the application of the first coat and 3 hours when the second coat has been applied (the times refer to a temperature of +23° C and a relative humidity of 50% with product applied on dry screeds with residual humidity of less than 3%)
Waterproofing, prior to the laying of ceramic, stone and mosaic coverings, of:
- Balconies and terraces
- Bathrooms and showers
- Saunas and humid environments in general
- Saunas and wet environments in general
Mapelastic AquaDefense can be used on:
- Cementitious concrete
- Cementitious or special binder-based resurfacers (Topcem, Topcem Pronto, Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto)
- Cement-based or special binders (Topcem, Topcem Pronto, Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto)
- Plasterboard (only for interiors)
- Existing ceramic tile, hydraulic tile and stone material coverings
- Cementitious renders
- 1 kg/m², for 2 coats of product (1.3 kg/m², per mm thickness)
- Sky blue
- Bottle of 7.5 kg and 15 kg
You might also like